WHO WE ARE
We are a free of charge grocery delivery team comprised of recent college graduates who want to give back to our communities during this difficult and perplexing time. We will shop for you, pay for the groceries on your behalf, and bring the goods to your door with no delivery fee. You will pay only for the cost of the groceries.
Social Distance Delivery hopes to make a significant impact in Washington D.C., Northern Virginia, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Silver Spring, Charlottesville, and Stafford, VA by allowing those who are elderly or with pre-existing conditions to stay at home while we shop for groceries on their behalf. With no charge for our service, we hope to help all individuals who may have an increased risk of contracting COVID-19 and cannot grocery shop for themselves.
We do not accept tips, but donations to our organization are graciously accepted and used to assist individuals with food insecurity.
Disclaimer: We are in the midst of filing for legal 501c3 tax exempt status. Pending approval all donation are not yet tax deductible. Thank you for your understanding.
HOW IT WORKS
2) A member of our team will go to the store to pick up your groceries wearing gloves and a mask to ensure there is no contamination of the products.
3) The team member will call you with any questions about substituting out of stock items.
4) We will pay for the groceries on your behalf and inform you of the total cost after we check out.
5) We will deliver your groceries to your home and leave them on your doorstep to avoid contact.
6) You can reimburse us for the cost of your groceries by either leaving cash or check taped to your door or by paying via Venmo to @socialdistancedelivery.
SOCIAL DISTANCE DELIVERY IN THE NEWS
PROSPECTIVE MEDICAL STUDENTS CREATE FREE GROCERY DELIVERY SERVICE IN DC AREA
April 27, 2020
Two D.C.-area medical students wished they could help the fight against coronavirus in hospitals, but instead found a way to make sure their neighbors could get groceries without putting themselves at risk...Read More
COVID-19 INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES
How to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
How to properly handle your groceries upon delivery.